Would you like to take on an Apprentice or Trainee, but are concerned about the paperwork? Or about being able to provide an Apprentice or Trainee with work all year round? Then Group Training may be the answer for you.
If you take on an Apprentice or Trainee under a group training arrangement, the Group Training Organisation is the legal employer. They will:
- Find out your requirements
- Undertake the selection process
- Pay wages, superannuation and the workers compensation levy
- Maintain payroll records
- Organise the off the job training for the Apprentice or Trainee
- Provide support to both you and the Apprentice and Trainee to ensure their employment goes smoothly
- Find an alternative position for the Apprentice or Trainee if you don’t have enough work for them.
The Group Training Organisation will then invoice you regularly for the wages and on costs. The charges will vary according to the wage and on cost rates and any government subsidies or incentives which may apply.
If you would like to contact the Group Training Organisation/s which operate in your industry or the vocation in which you’re seeking an Apprentice or Trainee, then click here. From the Vocation list note the Group Training Organisation/s that cater for that vocation then “click here” for their contact details.